jueves, 13 de julio de 2017

Tercera entrega: 3 de 5 - Mike Dillard

Part 3: The Transparent Truth, (with screenshots), About Leads And Revenue Generation...

Well today we get to dive into the “good stuff”... Traffic, leads, and revenue. 

In fact, I’m going to show you how to make over $288,000 in profit per month, by making one single post on Facebook.

But before we dive into that, I have a quick message for the 150+ readers who sent in submissions for the copywriting position I'm currently hiring for... 

Many of you are sending multiple emails to me asking when you can expect a response.

I'm going through all 150+ submissions personally. I'll contact the top 10 finalists via email sometime next week. If you do not get a response from me, it means that your submission did not make the cut.

Alright, back to today's training session...

The unfortunate reality is that millions of people start new businesses every year, and yet most of them do so without the faintest idea of how to actually market and sell their products or services. 

As I’m fond of saying, there’s the amateur way to market, and the professional way...

Amateurs take blind actions hoping something will stick… They post on social media all day, they write blog posts, articles, and post videos, literally keeping their fingers crossed that someone will eventually buy their stuff.

They think that marketing and selling products online is either luck, or magic.

On the other hand, if you approach the marketing process like a professional, amazing things are possible.

In fact, let's talk about lead generation, or building an email list specifically...

As you can see here, my business routinely produces over 1,300 email subscribers every single day, or over 40,000 per month, and makes over $400,000/Mo in sales...



 
So here’s how that’s done…

The very first step that’s required to get sell your product, is ATTENTION.

You can’t make a sale if people don’t know that you exist, so we need to get a lot of attention, and we need to get it from the right groups of people. 

(Getting the attention of thousands of vegetarians won’t do you any good if you’re selling steaks).

And if your goal is to build a sustainable, 7-figure+ business, we need to get the attention of thousands of people per day at a minimum.

There’s two ways to do that…

1: You can become the “dancing bear” and essentially host your own social media show as you document and post your life 60 seconds at a time, 10 times per day on Instagram, SnapChat, YouTube, or Facebook.

While this can be incredibly effective at getting attention and building rapport with people, it’s a horrible way to actually build a company.

Why?

First, it’s a treadmill you can never get off of. The moment you stop posting, your influence starts fading, so dance bear, dance, and don’t ever stop…

And second, you have no control over who sees your posts.

Over the past few years, every single platform has introduced algorithms that control how many of your followers actually see your posts. And the numbers aren’t good. On average, only 1 in 10 people will even see the post you just made.

For example, my Facebook Fan Page has 75,000 followers, and yet only a tiny fraction of them will see my posts unless I pay Facebook $250 - $500 to “Boost” each and every post I want seen. These aren’t strangers… The are my fans who expect to hear from me, and yet I have zero control over that unless I pay up. The same goes for Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat.

2: The second way to get the attention of 1,000’s of people per day, is to do what I do, (and what I’d suggest you do…)

I buy it.

Instead of getting people’s attention doing the dancing bear routine every day, I simply advertise on these platforms.

For example… A few months ago I spent about 20 minutes making this short video ad. Since then it’s been viewed by over 1 million people.


I recorded it once, and I’ve never hard to touch it again. Ads like these become your dancing bear, so you can stay focused on building your business.

Now I know what you’re thinking…

“Advertising sounds great Mike, but it costs money. What am I supposed to do if I’m broke?”

Great question, and I have an answer…

The solution to this problem is called a Self-Liquidating Offer, or an SLO for short.

This is a low-cost entry level product, (traditionally under $100), that you can offer your prospects immediately after they click on your ad.

For example, when I started selling online 10 years ago, I advertised my E-Book on attraction marketing for $39.

The sales from this product were designed to do one thing… Immediately recoup 100%+ of my ad costs.

Once you do that, you’ve won.

Your customers have just paid for 100% of your marketing costs, which means you can continue to advertise for free indefinitely, without spending money out of your pocket.

So let’s say that you were going to do something similar…

Each day you spend $100 dollars on Facebook ads and in return, you acquire 20 new email list subscribers.

When those 20 subscribers join your list, they’re offered to chance to buy your e-book for $40.

Out of every 20 subscribers, 3 of them buy your book.

$40 x 3 = $120 in revenue.

Congratulations… You’re now generating leads and sales without spending a dime out of your pocket.

You’ve spent $100, and for that $100 you’ve gotten 20 new list subscribers, 3 new customers, and have generated $120 in revenue.

So not only are your leads free at this point, but you’ve got an extra $20 in your pocket at the end of the day.

Now the rules have the game have changed completely, because when you spend money, you’re making money.

So what if you started spending $1,000 per day on advertising instead of $100?

Well you’d have 200 new list subscribers, 30 new customers, and $1,200 in revenue, giving you $200 in profit.

If we add those numbers up for each month, that’s 6,000 new list readers per month, 900 new customers, and $6,000 in profit.

This is how professionals build massive lists within months instead of years.

This is how you can make money, without having to use your money, because your customers are essentially funding the campaign.

Does it work?

You tell me…

Here are my sales during a 90 day quarter from this past year…
Yep, just over $1.23 million in 90 days. But how much did I actually spend on advertising to generate that revenue?

I’ll show you…

Here’s a screenshot from my FB ad account:


 
As you can see here, I spent $375,950 during the exact same 90 day period, which means I walked away with a net-profit of $864,030.

That’s an average profit of $9,600 per DAY, or $288,010 per MONTH.

So this is how real business owners get attention and traffic at scale, and then turn that attention into revenue.

Until you master this process, you’ll be digging through the social media ditches begging for likes and views.

But if you start to treat your business like a business, and start to take your advertising seriously, then the sky’s the limit…

And by the way, thank you all for the kind words and feedback about this week's training series...

Stay tuned tomorrow, for Part 4...

- Mike Dillard